Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference weekend

We enjoyed General Conference this weekend as a family. Ayden and Ellie did very well through all 4 sessions. Tate, not so much. He was such a pill! I didn't expect my 17 month old to sit quietly for 2 hours at a time, but one can hope. Instead, he entertained himself by walking around screeching and getting into the pots in the kitchen. Ayden and Ellie both have their own Conference journals that we've used for the past 2 General Conferences. Ellie's is filled with pictures of temples and the speakers. And Ayden's has a combination of both. But during the Saturday afternoon session, he was diligently taking notes during President Uchtdorf's talk. And later he showed me what he learned. He had written "I am not invisible to God. He loves me." There were tears in my eyes as I gave him a hug. I am so pleased that he listened so well and took something from that talk. The kids' favorite part of Conference was the children's choir and they sang along to every song. It was so sweet.
Sunday's sessions were very inspiring and Spencer and I particularly enjoyed Sister Dalton's talk about raising daughters. It made me think of how much I love and respect my own father. He helped raise 5 girls...and lived to tell the tale. I respect him for the way he loves my mother and through his example, I learned what traits I wanted in my own spouse and father of my children. Thank you, Dad. During the talk, Ellie looked over at me and said "she's talking about me and daddy!" Yes, sweetie, she is.  We are so grateful to have been able to partake of this inspired Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment