Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Makeovers and Tea time

Last night Ellie wanted to do my makeup. She is so cute....she got out a towel and got her makeup and brushes and was ready to go.
she's not putting it on my lip, just bringing her hand down
Then it was my turn to do her makeup. She was so excited and said "I love that we are doing makeovers mom. Cause that's what these are."

She did a great job. She used so many different colors on my eyes that I was sure I would look like I had a black eye. But she blends very well! She is so beautiful that even with her play makeup she looked gorgeous.  Her eyes are big and bright and she has the longest lashes and full lips. I think we are in trouble when she's a teenager!
And then today she wanted to do a tea party. She wanted us to get dressed up and have a real treat and drink. So we did. And Spencer even helped and played with us.  He set up the table, turned on classical music, and dressed in a suit so he could be our server. What an amazing daddy!
We called him Reginald, our server.  "Oh, Reginald! Could you please refill my cup?"
She loved it, but was a little apprehensive at first. I asked her what was wrong and she said "nothing, tea parties are just weird." I don't know what she had in mind as a tea party but apparently, our version was weird!
Later, we had another guest join the party. Reginald introduced him as Sir MaGoofalBum. And he demanded all the cookies and the rest of the drink. I don't think he'll be invited to the next tea party.
I truly love that my daughter loves to pretend and wants to include us. I am especially grateful for a husband who knows how to play and make his daughter feel special.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet post. I love it. And truly you're gonna have to watch out in about 10 years. Those "james girl whoosha eyes" I tell you what! How sweet that you have such great memories your making with your daughter. She'll love them for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete