Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Update

It's crazy that we have been in Alabama for close to 4 months. Time flies! I thought I would catch up on what's going on with us.
Spencer is busy with work, school, and church callings. He was recently called to be the Young Men's president in our ward. He was so surprised! I am excited for him. He's such a goofy guy and is easy to relate to. I think he will be really great with the young men in our ward. He is also very spiritually minded and can lead them in their priesthood capacities. So good luck Spence!
I am staying busy at home with the kids. During the day, it's just the younger 2 and I, but we still manage to be busy. We go to story time at the library and do crafts at home and try do couponing. Then when Ayden gets home in the afternoon we have piano lessons, homework and chores.

Ayden is enjoying his 2nd grade year and is assimilating quickly. A few weeks ago as we set up a family board game, he asked "how are y'all fixin' to set this up?" He also "yes, ma'am"s me all the time! It's funny. He has a few "best" friends that he talks about a lot and loves to eat school lunch on Fridays (pizza day). Ayden is also doing really well with his piano. He picks it up very quickly and likes the pieces that have him playing in the lower register! He usually pounds those out loudly. He just finished memorizing all 13 Articles of Faith at church. He has worked so hard to accomplish that.

Ellie will soon be 5 and asks every few days how long until her birthday. She is such a helper for me and plays really well with Tate. I asked her yesterday "Ellie, can you just stay my little girl forever?" To which she replied in a very patient voice, "I could mommy, but I want to have my own kids someday. And I can't do that while I'm little." She keeps herself entertained all day by playing with her princess figurines or make-believe. And any chance she gets to play with makeup, she will take it. I can't believe she will be 5.

Tate is our little man. He's 16 months old and our crazy guy! He's walking everywhere now and loves to get into anything he shouldn't. He has a new fascination with belts, particularly Ellie's. He will wear them all day. Much to Spencer's delight, Tate also LOVES football. Last Friday night, both boys were cuddled on the couch with daddy watching the game. Tate will react to plays and point and talk like he knows what's going on. His new favorite game is "tackle".  But watch out, this little boy glares. And man, you do not want to be on the receiving end of that!
We look forward to fall here with cooler temperatures. The kids are excited for Halloween and we are trying to come up with some great costumes. And we are looking forward to the holidays. Ayden asked me if it would still be Christmas without snow and I assured him, yes! Keep checking the blog for more updates and pics of the kids.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this update! And I have to say you have some great looking kids but man Ellie is already a heartbreaker! She gets prettier each time I see a new picture of her. Watch out or she may have whoosha eyes like her mama and knock those boys out! (Hopefully she wont be interested in them back for a long time yikes!) That's such a cute thing she said. That's awesome that Ayden is doing so well with the piano! I'm not really surprised, your family is so musical! Casey feels for Spencer, he's also in the YM's Presidency and any calling with the youth is demanding and wonderful. Tate is adorable as usual!!! Love you all and I miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete