Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Great Savings and a Laugh

I  like to coupon shop and try to do as much as possible to help with our budget. I'm finding this task not so easy here. Food prices are much higher here than Utah and the coupons I get in my Sunday paper don't match the few sale items at the stores. So I am always very ecstatic when I get great deals like today......
  •  Dawn Dish detergent $.49 each  (on sale for $1.99, used in store coupon for $.99 and mfc $.50 off coupon)
  • Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner $2.50 each (on sale for 2/7, used $1 off coupon)
  • Mitchum Deodorant  $.99 each (on sale for $3.99 used in store coupon for $1.99, used mfc $1 off coupon)             
  • Grand total of $10.03
All of these are things I was needing anyway.  I have never used scrubbing bubbles cleaners but at that price I will definitely give it a try, especially when I need shower cleaner anyway! And the same with deodorant, I was in need of it and no one can argue with $.99 each! 
While I was in the store shopping for these few items, my sister waited in the car with Ellie and Tate (love shopping without kids, no matter how many items). And "Apologize" by OneRepublic came on the radio and this was the conversation that Aunt Dani had with Ellie...
 Ellie: "this song is lying. it's NEVER too late to say sorry."
Aunt Dani: "that's right."
Ellie: "well, unless this guy is dying, then it might be too late."

Great deals and a hilarious daughter, I'd say that's a pretty good day.



1 comment:

  1. Hahahah that's awesome! From the mouths of babes for sure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete