Saturday, August 20, 2011

Date Night

Spencer and I have not been out together, alone for a date of any kind since the beginning of March. Right before he left for Alabama we went to a movie together. That was the last time. Until last night! I decided it was time to ask my favorite person out on a date. I am not the most romantic person. I like romantic things and Spence is very good at doing them. Me not so much. But I decided to give it a try. I sent him an email (told you, I'm not very good at romantic) and asked him out. Here's what I came up with:

You can’t pick your stress, but you can pick your fun.
Therefore, you are cordially invited to a night out with your wife!
Please create your special night from the following choices:

Option A is a movie and dessert.
Option B is a movie and late dinner
Option C is Dinner, dessert, and “shopping” with your wife

If option A is your choice, please select from the following movie and dessert options
Movies:
         Harry Potter
         The Help
         Smurfs
         Sky Kids 4
Dessert:       
         Great American Cookies
         Cold Stone Creamery
         Cheesecake Factory

If option B is your choice, please select from the following movie and dinner options
Movies:  see option A

Dinner: 
        Logan’s Steakhouse or Texas Roadhouse
        The usual fast food ie. Arby’s, McDonalds, KFC
        RedLobster
        Olive Garden

If option C is your choice, please select from the following dinner and shopping options
Dinner: see option B
Dessert: see option A
Shopping:
         The Promenade
         The Pinnacle
         The Shops of the Grand River

Please make your selection and submit your evening plan to the party planner (your wife).
Please note all choices are subject to change at party planner’s discretion.
Warning: party planner’s mood is also subject to change based on options chosen and late submissions!!!! Any submission is due back to party planner by the end of the business day Friday.

Spencer has been more stressed at work lately, so I wanted to take him out and have fun. He's been wanting to see the Harry Potter movie since it came out and he loves seafood(me not at all) so I wanted to give him options I knew he would want, but also include silly ridiculous ones like Spy Kids 4.  Ironically, when Spencer received the email (late Thursday night) he was having a stressful night at work and he said my invite put a smile on his face. Already mission accomplished! He did "submit" his evening plan to the "party planner" and we went to the movie and had a late dinner. 
While we were getting ready, Ellie asked "why are you and daddy going on a date?" I told her "mommies and daddies go on dates to help them stay in love and spend time together." To which she replied, "oh." Later she told her aunt(who was babysitting) "my mommy and daddy went on a date so they can love each other forever."   Exactly!!



1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha! this is glorious! glad you guys had a fun night!

    ReplyDelete