Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School

ready for school

Ayden started the 2nd grade at Moody Elementary today. He got up early and was completely dressed and ready before 7am. And by 7:25am we were on our way to school. He started to get nervous the closer we got to the school. At one point, I asked if he was excited and with a quiver in his voice he said "yeah, sorta. But I'm really tired." And if you know Ayden, you know he would NEVER admit he was tired! So we could tell how nervous he was. Spencer didn't get to meet his teacher last week or see the classroom so he wanted to walk Ayden to his classroom. And his teacher was so great. She could tell how nervous he was and jumped right in to make him feel better. She told him "hope your parents have a good day because ours is going to be awesome!!"

Ayden is a car rider which means that I drop him off and pick him up. They will not release the children unless the parent has a pink slip with child's name and teacher hanging in the front window. So you can imagine how long the wait is to pick up your child. School gets out at 2:30 and Ayden didn't get into the car until right after 3pm. When we pulled into view and could see him standing in line, Ellie goes "there's my brother! there he is!" She really missed him today, they've been best buds all summer. 

I asked Ayden how his day was and all I got was "it was good." Really? your first day at a new school and that's all you can say? Such a boy. Ellie would tell you every teeny tiny detail about who she sat with, where she sat, who she talked to, what that person was wearing, what her teacher was wearing, what she ate for lunch, what the other kids ate for lunch, what backpacks everyone had....but not Ayden. I have to pry any bit of information out of him.  So I do!
"reunited" after school

I am very happy that Ayden did so well today. I know how nervous I get in new situations. it's not my thing. So I am very proud that my 7 year old, handled it so well. Here's to a great year!

1 comment:

  1. He's such an awesome kid! Soon you'll have so many of his little friends around that you wont know where to hide! Haha. His teacher sounds great too! Good for him to have such a fun and understanding lady in his classroom! Love you all, and keep the posts coming!!!

    ReplyDelete