Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Crafts: Shaw Style

In order to keep my kids from driving me crazy in their boredom, I have tried to do one craft each week this summer. Some have been more successful than others! Here are a few of my favorites.

One our first attempts was a treat pizza. I thought the kids would have fun picking the candy and decorating it. But of course they really only enjoyed eating the candy. I have no clue why Ayden is making this face.
 The next craft was a Monster bookmark for each of us. I let them choose their own paper and then I made the bookmark for them. This is how Ayden's turned out.
 Our next craft was a treasure chest. The kids like a show called "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and asked to have a treasure chest like Jake's. So we set to work. We needed Spencer's help to construct the top of the chest.
where are Ellie's pants?
 Ayden and Ellie really liked this craft. They did most of the work and I helped with the glue gun. 

They loved putting the jewels on the box to make it look awesome, as Ayden told me. 
On the front, Ayden wrote "Teasure keep out"

And no treasure chest would be complete without a treasure map. So I drew up a treasure map for them. They spent the whole day playing treasure hunt. I would hide the box in some part of the house and they hunted for it.

1 comment:

  1. Love that tresure chest, love even more that Ellie doesn't have pants on haha

    ReplyDelete