Friday, July 22, 2011

Gulf Shores Vacation Part 1

For the first time our little family took a family vacation. I know that sounds pathetic! But usually if we traveled anywhere it was to a family event like a wedding, blessing, or holiday, and then we called it a vacation. Being so close to beautiful beaches and ocean, gave us the perfect opportunity for our first vacation.
 
We drove to Gulf Shores, AL which is about 4 hours from where we live. Not all our passengers were wide awake with excitement! 

We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel that overlooked the bay. The kids loved the view. Tate kept crawling over to the window to watch the cars on the street.

There was a little park by the hotel where we took the kids to see the barges. Spencer met a new friend!
 

 Later we went to dinner at Wintzell's Oyster House. Seafood is not my favorite but I was a good sport and tried the shrimp and crab cakes. Seafood: still not my favorite!
The kids loved it, but especially Taters. I don't think his cheeks could get any more stuffed!

After dinner we went back to the hotel and tried (emphasize tried) to put kids to bed early so we could be ready for the beach the next morning. I think Spencer and I fell asleep before they did!

1 comment:

  1. love the blog. Sweet pictures.. Makes me miss the south.

    ReplyDelete