Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bakin' Cookies

On Sunday afternoon, Spencer had to go into work for a few hours and took Ellie with him. That left the boys at home with me. While Tate was finishing his nap, Ayden and I made cookies. He is very eager to "learn new hobbies besides cars and football." So he tried baking! I let him do it all himself and only helped with the oven
being careful with the scissors

rolling the doll into balls. look at that concentration!

his favorite part was smashing them flat!
I told him that every good cook/baker must taste their food to make sure it tastes good. That was one piece of advice he was more than willing to listen to.
what's with this face?
 Even though his face doesn't show it, it did taste good. This was him going "mmmm, that's just how it should taste!"
carefully putting them on the wrack to cool

The finished product!
Ayden did a really great job and we had fun. It was really neat to spend this time one-on-one with him and see his excitement at his accomplishment.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Maybe he'll go into the culinary arts and I will have someone to pass all my cake stuff too someday! :)

    ReplyDelete