Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gulf Shores Vacation Part 3

Sorry these last few posts have been longer, but I still have one more from our vacation. On our last day, we decided to take a tour of the USS Alabama Battleship. 
view from our car
 We took a "guided" tour from the Captain. Wait a minute....
 It was so hot inside the battleship and of course that leads to mutiny. The kids were only interested for so long before we had to find more interesting things on deck.....
 When I said the kids got bored, I meant all the kids!
Even I took a turn. Look at me! Purse, stroller and all.

After the battleship, we headed over to a submarine. 

 In all the pictures we have from this day, in most of them Ellie is covering one eye. The sun was very hot and bright that day. Obviously, being on submarine meant that everything to see was below and it wasn't easy access for a stroller. So Spencer stayed up on deck while I took the kids below. It's amazing how anyone can live in such cramped quarters for so long with so many other people. 

Ellie thought it was "amazing" that the wheel was bigger than her!
 I can't believe how small the "doorways" are. At 5'3, I had to stoop, I can only imagine how it must be for anyone taller.
Even though I found it all very interesting, I must say that we rushed through the submarine part because of how hot it was down there.  By the end, all 3 of us had sweat dripping off us! And Spencer and Tate on deck weren't any better off. It was a fun way to end our vacation. 

1 comment:

  1. I love ALLLL the pictures and posts! There are some great shots of all of you! I wish you weren't so far away. I thought Utah was bad enough. lol But it looks like you're all ahem I mean "y'all er" settling in pretty well and getting used to things. Miss you much! Keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete