Friday, June 8, 2012

Getting Settled

Now that we are settled here in our house, life has gone back to normal. Well, whatever normal is! It's funny how quickly we went back to life here. It felt like we had only been gone a few weeks instead of a year. The kids are very happy to be back in the neighborhood. Tate was overwhelmed at first with all the new people and friends but after a few days, he quickly adjusted. For the first 2-3 days, especially, I didn't see my kids expect for bed time! They were playing with all their old friends. I worked on getting the house unpacked, I hate boxes and clutter so I try to do it as quickly as possible. Plus, I started work again on Monday. It's only a few hours of the day, so the kids get to have fun with a babysitter and it helps with my sanity!
We attended church on Sunday in our ward and the kids were a little surprised at the number of people! I think they forgot what it was like before our ward in Alabama. Sacrament meeting was filled with sounds of lots of children! We had 2 baby blessings, and I kept waiting for it to be quiet for them to start and then realized "oh yeah! this is as quiet as it's gonna get!" Our ward there was very small, I don't know exact numbers but I would guess around 80-100 people. Our primary there had about 15 kids every Sunday. Tate's nursery only had 3-5 kids. So it was different going to his new nursery with 15 kids! Surprisingly, he did very well.
The only thing missing from our lives is......Spencer. He's still in Alabama for a few months. It's very hard for the kids to be without him. Tate asks for him everyday "where daddy is?" But we know he's being taken care of. We have so many amazing friends there that will make sure he stays out of trouble! I miss him too and can't wait for our whole family to be together again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everyone is adjusting well, and that your kids have lots of friends to play with all day again.

    ReplyDelete