Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday night with Mama

So this weekend my mother and father-in-law took Ayden and Ellie. We dropped them off with Steve and then Tate and I started our evening together. We went to Home Depot so we could get some weed killer for the lawn. Tate kept asking when we'd be at "home mepot" and I kept assuring him we were there, to which he'd reply "oh". Then the little man and I got dinner. He got McDonald's cheeseburger and chocolate milk and let me tell you, the boy was in heaven. He ate and chatted and chatted and ate! Tate helped in the yard by picking up toys. I'd ask him to pick up the baseball mitts and he'd go "which beeball mitts, mama?" They were both right in front of him! Or if I asked him to pick up the truck and tractor, he'd ask "which truck, mama?" What a goof.
After we were done outside, Tate got a bath. I love the smell of clean boy! We sat down to read "Chicken Boom Boom" which is really Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. But he kept getting excited about a chicken! And then to end our perfect evening together, Tate had a......meltdown. Major meltdown. I put him in bed and that was the end of any cooperation from him. He threw a huge tantrum and cried/screamed for about 40 minutes before I was able to put him to bed. Silly, tired boy. But now I get some quiet time to myself. Who knows what I will do, probably go to bed early!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun night, minus the meltdown of course. lol Hope you had some good down time too!

    ReplyDelete