Friday, June 22, 2012

Fire on the Mountain

So here in Eagle Mountain there is a fire on the mountains directly by our house. This is a view from our neighborhood last night. It's very close, but we weren't evacuated or anything. The fire was started by target shooters and because of the wind, it spread quickly. It definitely puts things in perspective knowing that you may need to leave for safety.
Today, the fire is still going, but most of the danger has shifted away to the other part of Eagle Mountain called the Ranches which is where I work. Over 1000 homes (at this point) have been evacuated in the Ranches. So this morning I got a call from a tearful Ayden asking if I was ok. He said that he heard on the news that people in the Ranches were being evacuated and he got scared for me. I was almost in tears at the concern in his quivering voice! So darling and sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Stay safe you guys! You're all in my prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, guys! I really miss you! Ayden...you're so thoughtful! You take care of the family while your Dad is away, ok?
    Amanda(Sister Swartz)

    ReplyDelete