Thursday, December 8, 2011

Snow... where art thou?

For the first time in my life there isn't snow on the ground in December. Growing up in Wyoming (and spending the last 9 years in Utah), I have gotten very used to the beautiful white stuff that falls from the sky during the winter months. Many a day after school was spent sledding or building snow forts. Every morning you scraped sheets of ice and snow from your car windows while you prayed it wasn't too cold for your car to start. And each night the snow looked beautiful against Christmas lights and trees looked artfully draped in beautiful white. Oh how I miss it. 
Alabama has it own winter beauty but I will always be fond of these snow covered mountains.

1 comment:

  1. I miss snow too! It dusted a little here but it doesn't ever really get a good amount. It gets cold but none of the pretty white fluff. People here area always happy about that but honestly I enjoy it. I love snow. Miss you all like crazy too!

    ReplyDelete