Wednesday, November 30, 2011

O Tannenbaum

We put up our Christmas tree a little earlier than usual this year, right after Thanksgiving. Usually, we wait until the first weekend in December. But this year I am missing the holiday winter wonderland that I grew accustomed to in Utah. So I decided to put up the tree to get me in the holiday spirit.  We have a fake tree and it takes some time to get it set up. So we put on some Christmas Manheim Steamroller and got to work.
You can't tell by this picture but they were so excited to just have the tree up, no decorations or anything.
This looks like an old fashioned photo where no one smiles! And how formal she's dressed and posed, it made me giggle.
All 3 kids were so excited to put on the ornaments that they were pulling them out of the boxes faster than I could get them ready. And Tate kept taking them off the tree once we put them on.
The little stinker would not leave them alone! We had that chair for us shorties to reach the top and Tate used it as his personal spot to play. 
Through the whole process, Ellie would exclaim "oh, this is just gorgeous. don't you think Mom?" Finally, we got it decorated to perfection, well as good as it was gonna get with Tate going behind and reversing the process.
Once again, don't know why their poses were so formal! I'm glad we got the tree up and that we did it together. Were there times I wanted to pull my hair out? Were there times they were fighting and I wasn't as patient as a mom should be? Of course! But there were times we were all laughing, singing, and smiling. And all those things make it family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment