Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ellie's Birthday

I am a day late in posting about Ellie's birthday, but at least it's only a day! Our Ellie Mae turned 5 yesterday and I can't believe it. To be a nostalgic mom, I remember taking our pink little bundle home from the hospital on a chilly November afternoon. And these 5 years have gone by so fast.
We started the day by making a special "panacake" breakfast. They were in the shape of Mickey Mouse's Toodles (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse). We took her to lunch to Chick-fil-A where she had a free lunch and got to play on the slides. Aunt Dani wanted to give her a birthday surprise and paint her fingernails, but Ellie said "it would be more fun if I painted your fingers Aunt Dani." So she did! Once Ayden got home from school, we let Ellie see her birthday present....a new bike! (thanks Nana and Papa)
She LOVED it. And kept telling us that. We loved watching her excitement.
She rode around the driveway and street for awhile. And only fell a few times. It was hilarious to watch her fall and then you would hear her little voice say "I'm all alright!"
After she rode for a while, we came inside for cake and gave her another present. This is her "Toodles" cake.
I had made her a few skirts because she has outgrown almost all she has. And she told me they were beautiful! She's not hard to please.
She also received a giftcard from her grandparents and absolutely could not wait to go pick her gift. I took her to Walmart and she picked a Rapunzel barbie doll(unfortunately I didn't get any pictures with that). She has been wanting one of those forever so she was more than pleased. She even asked me if she could sleep with it. I told her no, knowing she would never fall asleep!
I think our little Ellie Mae had a great birthday. In fact, she told me it was and I quote "the BEST birthday ever." Once again, she's not hard to please! We love you Ellie and are so thankful you are a part of our family. You are so sweet and special. Have fun being 5!!

No comments:

Post a Comment