Friday, November 25, 2011

Visitors

Our friend Meghan and her husband, Brian, came to visit us this week. I actually met Meghan my freshman year of college through my friend, Tash, and then after Spencer and I were married she was roommates with my friend(again Tash). So we got to know her more and eventually became really good friends. And that friendship has grown over the years. 
They have been on a cross country trip for a few weeks and were able to make a stop here in Bama. We hadn't met Brian until this week and were very excited to have them here for a few days. As soon as they were settled, the kids including Spencer were begging Meghan to show them gymnastic tricks(she was a gymnast for BYU and coached for San Jose State). And of course the kids got into it too.
Brian was a huge hit right from the start! He has so much energy and the kids thought he was very funny. I guess at first, however, they didn't quite get all his jokes. But they still thought he was awesome.
Tate, was a little wary of him at first, however.
I love that grumpy face! 
Ellie almost instantly fell in love with Meghan and wouldn't leave her alone. She found a friend. She loved to cuddle with Meghan, color with her, and especially do Meghan's hair.
They brought their dog, Bo. And we were a little concerned about how the kids would handle that. My kids are freaked out by dogs. And to top it off, Bo is a german shepherd/husky mix which equals BIG dog. To my kids he was a horse!  But they loved him. Well, Ellie and Tate did. Ayden tolerated him really well. Tate kept following him around saying "Bo Bo Bo Bo". And Ellie kept wanting to pet him and play with him. Poor Bo rarely was left alone. But he was so good with them, very gentle and patient.
On Wednesday we all went to the park for the boys to play football and let Bo run around. Ellie wanted to ride her bike so Meghan and I walked around the walking path with her while the boys got LOTS of energy out. Later that night, we "roasted" marshmallows on our patio. Brian brought out their little camping stove and we sat out eating s'mores. 
that's Brian all wrapped up in the blanket. 
Thanksgiving Day was spent watching football, eating snacks, and making the whole turkey dinner. Spencer and Brian got a little cuddly on the couch
look at that caress
almost a little awkward! After dinner, more football and naps. To be honest, it was only one nap...mine. I thought everyone was going to lay down and nap, but when I woke up after 2 hours (oops) I found that I was the only one that actually did. You know you have awesome hubby and friends when you get to sleep while they take care of the kids. Thanks guys!
We had such a good time with Brian and Meghan, and don't forget Bo. It was nice to visit and goof around and share some fun memories. We can't wait to do this again.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! I'm glad you guys got to visit! It looks like you all had a great time! I hope someday Casey and I can get down there. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete