Saturday, December 17, 2011

The 5th Day of Christmas

On the fifth day of Christmas, my family gave to me:
5 perfect birthday moments
Today is my birthday and my family gave me a wonderful day.
1. I was woken up at 7:30am with a finger poke to the forehead (from Ayden) to breakfast in bed. Ayden and Ellie had prepared breakfast for me: a waffle with strawberry jam, strawberry yogurt, and bowl of cereal (common things I eat for breakfast). They sang out "happy birthday, mom" and then before I had time to react Ayden snapped a picture. (I refuse to post it, for my own dignity) This was the kids' idea. Spencer was at the temple for an early session and Danielle had already left for work with instructions to let me sleep in for my bday. But they had other plans, and I'm so glad. It was one of the best birthday presents I've ever had.
2. It has become a tradition in our house to do birthday posters (homemade, hand drawn) and the kid were so excited to make sure I had mine!
3. While drawing the pictures, Ayden said because he was writing the number 28 so many times he kept thinking he should be writing 828. And he said, "but Mom would be really old." And Ellie goes "uh, she'd probably be dead."
4. Spencer made my choice of dinner. And prepared it all, I didn't help with anything. He wanted me to relax and not have to do anything. During dinner, I made a comment (don't remember what) and Ellie goes "Mom, you crack the crap out of me." We were all so confused and finally figured she meant "you crack me up"!! the giggles didn't stop for awhile.
5. Spencer and the kids made me a special birthday treat: Jello Chocolate Mousse. They made me go upstairs and wait for my surprise. I loved this birthday treat for several reasons: it's chocolate! and Spencer told me he picked this one because #1 he had a coupon and #2 it was 110 calories. Love it!!
I love that Ellie is plugging her ears
Right before bed, Ellie said "Mom, I looked out the window and wished on a star that you would have the best birthday. Because I love you."  It was the best birthday and I love my family so very much. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment