Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trip to Nana and Papa's part 2

On another day, Nana and Papa took the kids back to Rapid City, SD for a day at Reptile Gardens. Yep, it's exactly what it sounds like: a whole park filled with all kinds of reptiles. Not exactly my idea of fun. But Ayden and Ellie loved it. Honestly, I was quite surprised (and so were my parents) that they liked it so much. 


They got to see a snake show and they were so excited to tell me they touched a snake. I was appalled! They also got to see the crocodiles and thought those were cool.
And then to top of the day, Papa brought them home to ride his new Harley. My dad has waited a very long time for his Harley, (at least his whole marriage of 33 years) so he is happy to share his joy with the kids. 
Ellie didn't like it because it was too loud. But Ayden was very happy to hop on (wearing his new bike helmet)

I am so thankful my children were able to go visit their grandparents. Some of my best childhood memories are summers spent at the grandparents' house and I want them to have those kinds of memories too. I am thankful for my parents and Danielle who took care of Ayden and Ellie for a week and let them have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment