Sunday, August 5, 2012

Campout

My sisters Danielle and Katie (and her husband Adam) took all 3 kids camping a few weeks ago. They were some brave souls! They only stayed over 1 night, but they loved every minute of it.
Tate was so excited that he got to go with the older kids, too. He was left home while they visited my parents a week before. He made sure his seat got put in Aunt Dani's car so he wouldn't get left behind. 
One of the most important things to do while camping is to claim your spot, got to make sure you get a good one. And Tate made sure his was good.
But then he found an even better one
He LOVED this little chair and took it everywhere with him. If he moved around the campsite, he took it with him. When they went fishing, he took it with him. He made sure he had "his" chair at all times.
Katie's mother-in-law Brenda took the kids hunting for snail shells.
and off they go




 Some of the snails they found were still inside their shells and if the kids set their cups down, the snails would start climbing over the sides. They each brought home a little baggie full of their shells. Joy for me!
Fishing was the next adventure. My kids have never gone fishing and all three liked it. I'm not sure if Uncle Adam was ready to help 3 kids with the fishing rods, lines, and hooks but he was patient and helped them catch some fish!


All 3 turned out to be great fisher-persons and caught several fish!  Being my children they didn't want to touch them though.
the fish  blends in with Adam's jacket

I am so thankful I have wonderful family that is willing to take my kids on these adventures even when I can't come. I appreciate the time and patience it takes to include them and love you all for it. My kids had a blast and can't wait for us to go as a family.





1 comment:

  1. How fun and awesome for your kids!!! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete