Sunday, July 22, 2012

Solitude

Definition of solitude: The state or situation of being alone. 
Well, that's the state I'm in right now. My 3 kids left with my sister Katie to go camping with her family around Price, UT. She picked them up Saturday evening and won't be returning them until Wednesday afternoon. So I have several days of being alone.....kinda weird. I honestly cannot remember the last time that I have been alone. At some point in the last 9 years, I have been away from either my spouse or 1 or more of my children. But never all of them at the same time. It's a different feeling. 
I walked to church this morning and while half way there I realized not only did I bring my scriptures but I also brought the bag I use for the kids with diaper/wipes, Friend magazine, and tissues, etc. Just habit! It was nice to sit in Sacrament meeting and not have to referee 3 children, but I missed them at the same time. I almost don't know what to do with myself while everyone is gone. Don't get me wrong! I am not wallowing in self-pity being alone. I am happy for some extra time to myself, but it also makes me appreciate how central my family is to my life. 
I am thankful for family who have done an amazing job supporting me while I've been a single mom. Spencer's parents have taken the kids for a sleep over, my sister Danielle took them to Wyoming for a week to visit my parents, and my sister Katie is willing to take them camping while I stay and work. We have such an amazing support system and I thank the Lord every day for it. 
So here's to a few days of solitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment