Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I am a Child of God

Bedtime in our home, usually consists of whining, complaining, and tantrums (and once I calm down, we put the kids to bed). But tonight, it was perfect. The kids were so great during scriptures and then after, for stories, they asked to read from the Friend magazine. Ayden and Ellie were so calm and attentive. There was a definite difference in the spirit in our home. Ellie said as I tucked her into bed, "mommy, I feel good in my heart."
And after I had put the older two to bed, Tate and I went downstairs together. While I did the dishes, he sat on the counter jabbering away. And after, we sat on the couch and talked together. We counted, we said funny words and practiced his 's', and then I sang to him. We sang his favorite song from Nursery The Wise Man and then I sang I Am a Child of God. As I sang, I "cuddled" (Ellie's word for soft rubbing and tickling) him and he loved it. Tate was so calm and he listened to every word. Finally, he leaned in and put his arms around my neck. I sang a few more times and he fell asleep. It was the perfect way to end my day. What a great reminder from my Heavenly Father why I chose to be a mom. I love my 3 beautiful children and am so thankful for them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I love those three so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me want to cry but in a good way! What a wonderful spirit your home has!

    ReplyDelete