Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Momma's Day

My mother's day started with breakfast in bed provided by my 3 children. Ayden prepared the food in the kitchen while Tate and Ellie were the "lookout" making sure I didn't come out of my room. They were stationed right by my door.  I'm guessing Ayden was taking longer than they thought because the lookout team started to get restless and loud. So much for the element of surprise! They brought my favorites (or what Ayden said he thought were my favorites): fruit loops, waffle with lots of syrup, toast with butter and a glass of milk. Ironically, all these things are THEIR favorites! It was the sweetest thing and my best gift of the day, to know that my children wanted to take care of me.
After church I was given time to take a nap. Oh how I loved that! And then Spencer and Danielle made chicken alfredo, yummy. No dessert though, because they each thought the other was in charge of it! It was nice to be pampered and spoiled for the day. And I am very thankful for the reasons that I get to be spoiled on this day. My family is so important to me and I learn each day how much the Lord blesses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment