Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bird

You know what I did today? Chase a bird out of my house and clean up bird poop. Joy. How did a bird get in my house you ask? I blame Danielle! She opened a window in the playroom this morning to cool off the upstairs. The bad thing about this is that the window doesn't have a screen on it. So she only opened it a little. However, it was enough for a small bird to get in.
Ellie discovered the bird and came running down stairs freaking out. She told me there was a bird at the window flapping its wings trying to get in. So I didn't think it was actually in the house. Tate wanted to see so Ellie and Tate went back upstairs. I wasn't too interested in a bird flapping at the window so I got in the shower and proceeded to get ready for the day. When I got out, I could hear Ellie screaming my name and told me the bird was still there. That seemed weird to me, why would a bird still be trying to get in the window? So we all went upstairs to the playroom to see the bird flapping at the window. But the bird wasn't flapping at the window, it was frantically flying around the room!! I screeched and closed the door. I went and got the broom and was going to somehow get the bird back out the window. When I came back to the room, the bird was perched on the computer monitor and when it saw me it freaked out again. I was only going to get close enough to use the broom handle to open the window more and hopefully get the bird out. But before I could do that, it started flapping at the window and landed on the windowsill and then found the opening! The poor thing was so scared. And proof of that was all over the playroom! Gross. So we had to walk around the room and find where it had pooped. Let's just say it was scared a lot! Yuck! I think we got it all and I hope we don't find any little surprises we missed. 
I am very thankful for birds as I know they are beautiful creations from a loving Heavenly Father, but I am also thankful when those beautiful creations stay out of my house!

1 comment:

  1. This is Spencer...most wives will freak out about spiders, or mice or whatever. All I can say is it's a good thing that I was at work because as any of you who know me know...I don't do birds! I would have shut that door and called the rental company's maintenance department.

    ReplyDelete