Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mr. Fix It

The started on Spencer's car went out and he decided he was going to figure out how to replace it himself. The part alone was expensive and we knew paying someone else was going to be very pricey. So he researched it online and figured out what he needed to do.
The toughest part about getting the starter out was actually getting to it. There wasn't a lot of room for finger maneuverability so it took some time getting the bolts off. Not to mention, the bolts were VERY hard to get off. So Spencer solicited some help from Ayden.
 Finally, after about 3 hours (total) Spencer had the new starter in place. He was so surprised that he learned how to do it. I wasn't. Spencer picks things up so quickly that I knew if he took the time to figure it out, he'd get it done! And I love that he even took the time to teach Ayden about it.
Ellie and Tate spent the whole day in the garage too, but it really wasn't in a helping capacity, more of a supportive role. Eating popsicles!
all 3 barefoot
I think this picture is round 3, maybe 4, of popsicles! And notice that all 3 are barefoot. I cannot keep shoes on those kids. I love that Spencer was able to fix the car and save our budget and I appreciate his hard work. I didn't appreciate all the grease, however. And it made me so thankful my husband is not a mechanic by profession!

No comments:

Post a Comment