Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wyoming Trip

Tate and I left on March 7th for a trip to Wyoming. My brother got married over the weekend and we took the opportunity to spend a few extra days with family.  Our travels started with an 8am flight from Birmingham and our last flight landed in Billings, MT at 6:30pm. From there, I rented a car and drove the last hour and 1/2 to Powell, WY where most of my family lives. It was a very long day, but it went very well. Tate did a good job on all 3 flights. I was really worried about how he would handle being on my lap for long hours, but he really did a great job. He either slept or jabbered to our neighbors. I know the Lord blessed me with good seat buddies. We sat by older women who were grandmas(missing their little ones) and were happy to help with Tate. They kept thanking me! 
We stopped in Salt Lake for a few hours to have lunch with Spencer's family. It was so great to see them. 
Taters with Nana Shaw
And it was so great to see the mountains and wide open spaces again! I seriously got excited as we flew over Utah and I could see the mountains with snow. Spencer even asked me to get a picture for him. 
It's not the greatest picture, but it still makes us smile. The kids were happy to see snow, even in a picture. I am so thankful we could see our family in Utah, although it made me miss everyone even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment