Thursday, March 15, 2012

Visiting the Great Grandparents

One of the reasons I wanted to take Tate with me to the wedding was so he could meet my family. My sisters have met him once (a year ago at Katie's wedding), but my aunt and grandparents had never seen him yet. We drove to my grandparents house and visited with them for a while. I love visiting their house because it brings back all the memories of visiting during my childhood summers. 
My grandpa and I have had a running joke for 9 years where he calls me Somebody Else and I call him Old Man. When I got married, he wrote on a card "To Spencer and Loni Somebody Else". He couldn't remember my new last name! So I started calling him Old Man to tease him back. But it somehow stuck and whenever we talk on the phone, he says "hello, Somebody Else!" and i say "well hello, Old Man!" 
Tate with Grandpa Blohm
The day before we left to come home, we had lunch with my grandparents and got to spend a little more time with them. 
Really Tate?
I am so grateful for my grandparents. They are such good, kind people. I wish we lived closer to family so my kids could have a chance to get to know them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment