Monday, December 24, 2012

Birthday Not Forgotten

Spencer and I have birthdays only 3 days apart and about a week before Christmas. We don't usually do anything big, just a dessert and dinner of choice. The kids always make us special posters displaying our old age and loving words. But other than that, we don't make our birthdays a big celebration. 
But this year, Spencer went outside the box with a big Surprise.
I LOVE the Forgotten Carols! It's one of my favorite Christmas stories and we've made it a tradition to watch it on DVD every Christmas Eve, but I've never seen the live play. So I was VERY excited when Spencer presented play tickets as a birthday gift! He's been planning this for 2 months, what a sweetheart. It was so fun to watch it live and to see the tiny changes that happen in live performances. I think I had a smile on my face the whole time. Well, except during the song Mary Let Me Hold Her Baby, I bawled through that. Tears were streaming down my face! But I always do, no matter how many times I hear it. It reminds me of special people in my life.
We had so much fun going out together and sharing this. It was the perfect gift. I love that Spencer knows me so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment