Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Talladega

My dad is a big stock car racing fan and he was very excited that we live so close to Talladega. Saturday morning we took a tour of the racetrack and museum. My dad was a like a little kid in a candy shop!
just a small section of the stadium, its huge
Of course we had to visit Victory Lane. It's not as big as it appears on TV; it's actually quite small. The kids had a blast running around pretending to be Lightning McQueen.
 Next, we went to the museum. It looked like a bunch of cars to me: some old, some new, just a bunch of cars. But to my dad it was fun.
The boys liked "driving" this car, but I couldn't get my dad to take a ride! Ellie was really good through the museum, but by the third building she was bored. Finally, we made it back to the gift shop for my dad to get a souvenir.
 We really tried to get him to go with this one, but he passed on it. We even found a beautifully bedazzled purple hat, but once again he passed!  My dad had really wanted to do the driving school they offer at the racetrack, but he wasn't able to get into a class. But we were still able to find a car for him to drive at Talladega.....
I don't think it was as awesome as the real thing, but we all thought it was funny!
editor's note: Spencer had to work and was unable to attend this event. Thus, he does not appear in any of the photos

No comments:

Post a Comment