Saturday, February 25, 2012

Goodbyes

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. And too quickly, my parents' visit ended. We drove them to the airport this morning and said our goodbyes. I will see them in 2 weeks when I fly to Wyoming for my brother's wedding so it was a little easier to give hugs and kisses without tears. But for Spencer and the kids, we have no clue when they will see them again. On the drive back home, Ayden and Ellie shared with each other all the things their Nana and Papa did for them and the fun we had. It made me smile that the things they were most excited about were the small things. Ellie loves fruit loops and my father bought a big box for her. He told her "from one fruit loop to another" and she thinks that is so hilarious. Ayden loves the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and my dad bought him one yesterday. I think he's 1/2 way through it. I am so grateful for my parents and my mommy heart is full listening to my children talk about how they know their grandparents love them.
Mom, Dad we had a wonderful time with you and will miss you til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment