Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Almost but not Quite Done

I'm 35.5 weeks pregnant. Being this close to the end, I'm starting to get hopeful and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm also experiencing the not-so-little things that make the last few weeks crazy and almost unbearable.

  • It takes me twice as long to put on my socks and shoes. I'm not even talking about shoes with laces. Just easy slip-ons
  • Brushing my teeth still makes me gag.
  • The process of getting comfortable for sleep involves 7 pillows and 15 minutes of adjusting. Then I have to start all over again 30 minutes later because I had to get up to go to the bathroom.
  • Going to the bathroom 5 times in the night. And I stopped drinking anything fluid after 7pm
  • Noticing that I wore 2 completely different shoes out in public. And not even caring because at least they both fit my swollen feet.
  • Waiting for a doctor's appointment, seeing the doc for 3 minutes just to be told "yep, you're 35 weeks pregnant. See you next week."
  • Asking my husband for a hug and then bursting into tears when he gives me one. And having all 3 children stare at me like I'm from Mars.
  • I hate dropping anything because the process of picking it up is too involved.
  • Being so hungry and ready for a meal just to eat only 3 bites before feeling full.
  • Going through an entire day and finding out that I wore 2 different earrings. And they didn't even remotely match. Why didn't someone say anything!
  • Trying to get comfortable while watching TV, reading, or sleeping just to have the baby start its gymnastics routine.
Yet, despite all of these things, I wouldn't change anything because it means my little one will soon be here. I am so excited to finally meet the little person who has been causing all this trouble. I'm eager to see the expression on Spencer's face when he gets to hold his youngest child for the first time. I can't wait to see my children's faces light up when they get to see their newest sibling for the first time. So I guess I can go through a few more uncomfortable weeks.

2 comments:

  1. You're such an amazing Mom! I'm so excited for you. Wish I was there to help in some way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sooo funny! Gee, it's been over 19 years, since I felt that way....and I only did it once! Keep the faith! That blessed day will arrive soon enough!

    ReplyDelete