Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wanna know something about people...

We've been working on reading with Ellie and doing sight words. Every time we ask her to get a book to read with us or to get her flashcards she whines and complains. Tonight was no exception.
Our conversation went like this:
Me: Ellie, go get your flashcards so we can work on them.
Ellie: Why? (said in whiny voice)
Me: Because we need to work on reading.
Ellie: Mom, you wanna know something about people? Here, let me tell you the truth. Not everyone likes to read.
Me: You're right.
Ellie: And I don't like to read. I like to color. And that's how it's always gonna be.
Me: That's fine, but you still need to know how to read.
Ellie: Urgh, fine.
 Oh Ellie! You are sweet and funny, but you drive me nuts sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You're kids are awesome! I love hearing all their comments! To smart for her own good that one!

    ReplyDelete