Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Taste the goodness

While Ayden and Spencer were at a BYU game on Friday, Danielle and I decided to make strawberry jam. We grew up with this stuff always in the freezer! My Grandma James used to send us ice cream buckets full of strawberry jam. It kind of became a tradition in our house. Eating toast with this jam reminds me of my childhood. I always thought that it was grandma's special, secret recipe. Nope, it's right on the pectin pack! So we thought we would give it a go.
I was able to get 8 lbs of strawberries for a very good deal and that made enough jam to last our family quite awhile.

I had no clue it was as easy as chopping strawberries, adding sugar and then the pectin mix!
Of course having helpers made it a litter easier

And our finished result tastes great!
I love that I was able to recreate one of my childhood memories to share it with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment